Thursday, November 22, 2007

First Post

This blog is being started as I make preparations to go Sea to Sea in 2008 on my bicycle. The tour is a fundraising event for CRWRC (Christian Reformed World Relief Committee), CRWM (Christian Reformed World Missions) and Partners World Wide, all organizations who provide assistance, in varying ways, to people in need. I will attempt to keep this updated with my progress and new developments.

The photo shows my favorite summer activity, racing my homebuilt bikes. The bike is not my usual racing bike, but is likely the one I'll take on the tour (in modified form). Training for the tour may take a bit of a mind shift -- preparing to ride hard for a relatively short period of time is quite different from preparing to ride 70 miles per day, 6 days a week, for 9 weeks!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey Rick, wanted you to know I'll be following your adventure. I sent you an email also. My first crossing was a year ago with PAC Tour.